8 Creative Wedding Invitation Ideas for Your Raleigh, NC Wedding
Choosing the perfect design for your wedding invitations can be easier said than done. Some couples choose to use the style and technical elements of traditional invitations. Other couples may opt to go for a style that reflects their creativity and artistic capabilities. If you find yourself struggling to find the perfect design, here are 8 creative wedding invitation ideas to get you started:
1. Use a picture. Personalize your wedding invitations with a personal picture of you and your fiance. A photo wedding invitation is a great opportunity to tell your love story in a special way. Use props, themed clothing or a special location to create a photo that captures the essence of your relationship. Once you’ve chosen the perfect picture, the team at Indigo Envelope can help you get it printed. Indigo Envelope has been serving the tri-city area since 2005 and has been voted “The Best of the Knot” for five years. This exclusive vendor specializes in providing creative printing services for weddings and corporate business events.
2. Write a poem. Rather than using traditional wedding invitation verbiage, consider writing an original poem for your invitation. This poem is a great opportunity for you and your fiance to put your creativity on display. The poem should be short, concise and relay all pertinent details about your wedding ceremony. Once you’ve written your poem, the team at Paper Buzz can help you print a stylish, fun invite for your special day. Paper Buzz prides itself on designing unique and modern invitations for weddings, bachelorette parties and other large events.
3. Create a video announcement. If you are tech-savvy and looking for an environmentally responsible way to distribute your wedding invitation, a video invite might be just what you are looking for. Take some video of you and your fiance inviting your friends and loved ones to your wedding ceremony. Once the video has been edited and finished, you can email it to every person on your guest list. Best of all, this method encourages your attendees to RSVP electronically which means faster responses and a more accurate headcount. Feel free to get creative with your video, using anything from rapping or singing to acting out a scene from your favorite romantic comedy.
4. Say it with a song. Everyone loves a good song. If you or your partner have any musical talents, you may want to consider writing an original song for your wedding invitation. The song should be playful and contain important details about your special day. Once the song is finished, you can distribute it digitally or copy it onto CD.
5. Create a pop-up wedding invite. Using pop-up pieces is another creative invitation idea for your Raleigh NC wedding. Start by creating three or four pop-ups that incorporate components of your wedding theme. For example, if you plan on having your wedding at the beach, things like a beach ball, palm tree or ocean wave might make great pop-up pieces. Not only is a pop-up invitation a fun, unique idea, but it is also a great opportunity to showcase your artistic side. Companies like Oak Leaf Design Studio specialize in artistic expressions. Once you’ve chosen which pop-up pieces you plan to use, Oak Leaf Design Studio can provide the print production, illustration, lettering, and calligraphy services you need to make bring it to life.
7. Carve it in wood. If you and your partner enjoy the great outdoors, you may want to consider a wooden invitation. To pull this off, start by having your wedding details laser-etched into a small piece of wood. After the wedding, this invitation can be kept and displayed as a nostalgic decoration.
8. Design a wearable invitation. To create a wearable wedding invitation, have the details of your wedding printed on a baseball hat, t-shirt or other wearables. This type of invitation can be a creative alternative to traditional wedding invitations.
Regardless of what type of invitation you choose to use, be sure to personalize it. Explore different invitation ideas and find the one that best fits your style as a couple. Ultimately, every aspect of your wedding should be something personal and meaningful to you and your fiance. As long as you keep that in mind, you should have no trouble creating the perfect invitation for your Raleigh wedding.