How to Choose the best Beautiful Wedding Cake
A beautiful wedding cake is an essential part of the wedding reception, and can reflect the overall theme of the wedding day. The bride and groom can agonize over what type of wedding cake to have. There are a million choices to make when designing your cake.
1. Choose between a pre-made design or a custom designed wedding cake: Most bakeries have a lookbook where you can pick out what you want. Often these will be your traditional and more affordable wedding cakes. But custom wedding cakes are becoming extremely popular. The wedding couple can have a bit of fun with the theme.
2. Base your cake on your wedding’s theme colours: Almost every wedding has special theme colours that are reflected in the decorations, flowers, and even the bridesmaids’ gowns. Instead of having a basic white cake, your wedding cake can have some added colour too. Pink, blue, and even elegant black are all options that can be considered.
3. Wedding cake shape: Three tiered circular cakes and one layered rectangular cakes are popular choices for the bride. But wedding cakes can be made in virtually any shape or design. Cakes can often reflect the interests of the bride and groom. Cars, doves, flowers, and gardens—these are custom wedding cake themes that can be formed in special three-dimensional designs.
4.Consider wedding cake embellishments: Once you’ve worked out the theme, shape, and colours of your cake, you’ll want to consider external decorations. Do you want ribbons, flowers, and pareills? Glitter, sprinkles, and sugar paste decorations are also other options. Cakes can also be decorated with items that can be removed before serving, such as real ribbons, real flowers, and bride and groom figures.
5. Wedding cake flavours: The wedding couple often agonizes over what look their wedding cake should have, but then neglects to consider what flavour of cake to have. Today, many are skipping the matrimonial fruit cake and opting for vanilla, chocolate, or lemon flavours instead. These flavours can also be transferred to frosting and sugar paste. Cake flavours can be as numerous as the other options.
6. Cake for everyone? Will the wedding cake be only for the wedding party, or will it be for every guest? Many brides are opting to have small wedding cakes made for just the wedding party, and then have a simpler cake as a dessert serving. The intricately designed cake is meant to be part of the festivities, and still gives a chance for photo opportunities with the bride and groom. Many wedding parties also have cupcakes for a simpler option, which eliminates the mess of cutting the cake for all attendees.
7. Consider allergies: Once you have made all your wedding cake design choices, you may wish to consider allergies. Often almond paste may be an ingredient in the cake, or other types of nuts. You can tackle this in a variety of ways. This is where a separate cake for the guests may be a perfect idea, while the wedding couple can have their own wedding cake created just for them.